- Browse Digital Collections
- Browse Items
- Prohibition Records
- Shenandoah National Park
- Chancery Records
- Land Records
- Tax and Fiscal Records
- Overseers of the Poor
- Board of School Commissioners
- Rockingham County Voter and Election Records
- Rockingham County Military and Pension Records
- Rockingham County Health and Medical Records
- Rockingham County Personal Documentation Records
- Rockingham County Criminal Court Records
Deed Book 1
Deed Book 1
"Muniments of Title of the State Commission on Conservation and Development - in and to - Shenandoah National Park Lands Condemned for use as a Public Park and for Public Park Purposes."
Official legal petition by the State of Virginia to condemn privately held lands in Rockingham County for inclusion within the Shenandoah National Park. Includes all the surveyor descriptions of the tracts of land, names of property owners, additional claims to the tracts, current location of where property owners resided, and plats.
Deed Book 159 - Pages 1-140
Rockingham County Circuit Courthouse
Pake Davis, Tristan Nelson, Liana Bayne
This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. (https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/)
“Deed Book 1,” Histories along the Blue Ridge, accessed May 30, 2023, https://omeka.lib.jmu.edu/erp/items/show/788.